sign up

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Did a Challenge(finally!! lol)

OK so this is Challenge #12 for LNS and here's what we were to do:
Create a fast and inexpensive card.
Here's mine with how I did it directly below the card. I chose to REALLY step 'outside the box' with my entry as it's not what one would call a 'normal' sized card BUT it fits PERFECTLY inside a regular/letter-size envelope...how kewl AND useful is THAT?? :)
OK for the card: btw, you can click on the card image to get "up close and personal" lol!!
As you can see(even with my poor photography lol), my card is fairly basic/simple. I used FREE stamps and paper for my card too! :) The patterned paper is from the Sale a bration(STILL going on THROUGH end of this month/March btw!) as is the cute dotted flower stamp from the set Polka Dot Punches. I also used that same flower to make my background/card in black ink. The sentiment(also in black ink...to save I only used ONE ink color!) Thank you so much" is from Best Kind of Friend set(I got that set FREE with my starter kit!).
Now, see the pretty embroidered edge in black? Well, SU has that punch but I do NOT yet; it's on my never-ending AND always growing Wish List lol! So I borrowed it from my sweet upline for an upcoming workshop. I used my black ink(again!) and put a straight edge(ruler) along the top of the tiny holes that were punched in the design....and colored all the way across AND down to the edges with my black ink to make it LOOK LIKE I'd added another layer.
I edged the sentiment AND patterned designer SAB paper with black ink too and there ya have it! Easy Peasy AND inexpensive! I like it and HOPE you do too!
Until we meet again, happy stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment