sign up

Monday, March 23, 2009

Birthday for Sis-in-Law

hi all,
Hope you had a nice weekend. Hubby got our Spring garden planted or most of it anyways. We can't WAIT until we can have fresh veggies! It's not a big garden; just enough for us to eat on and also to HOPEfully add some to the freezer.
One of my sister-in-laws has a birthday tomorrow and I made her this:
This is a view looking from the top. I've since added a white eyelet-type border around the top edge of the front of her gift 'basket".
Here's a little bit better view. Inside the basket is a bottle of lotion and the small container sitting outside is filled with matching scented bathsalts that I made. There's a little greeting on the front of her card I stamped that says, "Thanks for Sharing You With Me" and it's from my Fun and Fast Notes set.
Here's a pretty good close-up complete with the added(at the last minute lol) eyelet border.
Can you see the wavy looking paper filler? I don't have the SU crimper yet and so wanted something neat to use as a means of 'filling' up the extra space. So what I did(and this was in a pinch lol) was cut many thin strips of typing paper and then folded them accordian-style and unfolded and then added to the basket. The paper used here is from the Sale a Bration FREE set, Delecate Dots designer series. The bath salts bottle is a coffee creamer plastic container and I added the ribbon with a small tag saying "For You" from my Fundamental Phrases and the blue balloon on her card is from my Big Bold Birthday set. I thought the coffee creamer would be kinda neat cuz all she'll need to do is open the little pop lid and shake her bathsalts into the tub. Plus, being kept in the bathroom, I figured the plastic container would help keep the salts dry.
We both bowl in the same league(as does my other sister-in-law) and we're all on different teams tho we all signed up the same time! LOL!! ANYhoo, I'm planning on giving Val her gift tonight since her BDay's tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment