sign up

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm Baaack...

...for awhile anyhoo(the rest of this week). I'm sorry I've been MIA but just had so many things going on around here lately. I will be gone all this next upcoming week at my oldest daughter's house kid/house watching while they(daughter/son-in-law) are gone on a nice little trip to Las Vegas. I can't say I'll be babysitting as my 2 oldest grands are nearly 12 and 10 lol! ANYhoo, when the vacationers return, I will be presenting a workshop for my daughter and her friends. It's gonna be soooo fun too! I'll be telling them about the Scrapbooking Paper specials going on ALL this month at Stampin' Up! IF you buy 3 paper packs, you can choose/get a 4th one for free! This great deal includes textured and Designer Series Cardstock!! I'm also going to be showing the Big Shot. My daughter thinks that her friend's mom MIGHT want one so we will be making an adorable Flower Pot Slide Card. I've already made one and here is mine for you to preview:
This is it all 'put together'And here it is 'separated' card from the pot...
these photos aren't the greatest(I know lol) as the colors aren't showing up how it really looks at all...but at least you can get the general idea. :)

Isn't it adorable?? I got this idea/ tut from Stephanie Luman andHERE is the link to her blog.
I used a discontinued cardstock from SU and the ginham ribbon was some I had around here but the stamp set(words) is Oval All from the Occasions Mini Catalog. The pretty butterfly is from a hostess level 1 FREE stamp set called God's Beauty. The flowers were cut using my Big Shot's cute little embosslit die called Stampin' Up! Flower Burst(product #114515). To color the few flowers that needed some coloring, I used my Stampin' Write Soft Subtle markers. I cut the 'oval' shapes with my large oval punch and a new oval scallop punch sold in the Occasions Mini Catalog.

I'll have yet ONE MORE project to show you a bit later today. ACTUALLY, it's TWO more(now don't faint lol) but they more or less go together. I need to make photos of them(let's HOPE they turn out a bit better than the ones above lol).

I'll see ya later and until then, no stamper is completely happy unless she gets a bit of ink on her hands! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment