sign up

Friday, March 27, 2009

2 New REALLY NEAT Cards

hi everyone,
I will be gone tonight/tomorrow/Sunday, so figured my Blogging time this weekend will be now or nuthin lol! So, while my sis-in-law and hubby were working on a video for our family reunion tomorrow, I played with my Big Shot and tried 2 NEW card techniques(new to me anyhoo!)
With this first card--Criss Cross Card, (tut found HERE) I had alot of fun. SOME trouble, but nothing not do-able :) This card(set) includes a really cute criss-crossed envy/holder for your flat card. It's ALMOST like a diaper-type fold or that's what it kinda reminded me of and I don't mean disposable diapers lol!
Here's the entire set/card within it's holder:(Click on image for close-up view)
This is a view with the card OUTside it's holder....cute huh?
The little squared part with the flower at the top left of the actual card is a tab of sorts
for one to grab ahold of and pull the card out..It's a piece of cstock folded over the top of
the actual card.(I'm just explaining so you don't think it's just 1 flat square piece of paper
just stuck there lol!
I don't have(yet!) a corner rounder punch EXcept the one used here which isn't a SU product...it cut the corner round BUT it also cut out a tiny flower(which I didn't need nor want, but it worked pretty good EXcept it doesn't really need to have the flower cut out of the outside border of card....oh well, at least it worked well enough for me to test this great card set!


TOP NOTE QUILT CARD--Tut can be found HERE
This next card is one I also don't have all the necessary equipment for but made it work anyways :) One REALLY needs to use one of SU's square punches(I personally think either could be used with adjustments; just like I did adjusting by cutting my own squares out individually :) The product #'s for BOTH square punches are as follows: 1 1/4" 104440 and 1 3/8" 103375, with BOTH found on page 184) but I just cut my own squares out(12 of those little buggers) one at a time using my paper cutter. Whew! I was worried that they'd NOT match up but they did pretty good I thought.
First view is front(click on image to enlarge and see detail):
And this view was taken from the side in hopes you'd better be able to see the embossing done on the overall card. I LOVE how this turned out! For my added decorations/embellishments, I made a cute embossed flower using my Big Shot(again lol) with the SU embosslit die, Stampin' Up! Flower Burst(product #114515 and found on page 202). I LOVE this little flower!! I enhanced the embossed parts(to make it "pop" further) by dabbing dark green and dark blue chalks from my Stampin' Pastels(chalks)--product #105542 and found on page 152. The MAIN attraction is the Big Shot Top Note die from Stampin' Up! product #113463 found on page 196. I used the Texturz Plates product #114512 found on page 203 for the embossed background. I REALLY love these and plan on getting the other set as well! :)
I hope you enjoyed looking at my 2 cards today! I really enjoyed creating them and would LOVE seeing your tries with these 2 tuts! Please leave me a comment AND your blog where you post your cards so I can admire them AND leave you a comment as well :)
Until we meet again(and as busy as this weekend is, it'll more than likely not be until next Monday!!), ya'll have a safe weekend, smile often, tell loved ones just how much they mean to you AND have fun stampin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment