sign up

Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday's Card Share


Here is my today's project. I have GOT to work on making sure my card(s) are nice and straight before I take the picture! LOL!! Forgive me, but I hope you can get the general idea, be it a slightly 'crooked' one lol!!
I DO hope once you've looked at my card, you will take a bit of extra time and scroll down to my 'other' Friday post and read the wonderful and heartwarming story I shared. :)
OK now on with today's card. I call this card, "Joy" for obvious reasons...that's part of the stamped saying has on it :) I really had fun making this card. I like the color combination of navy/dark blue(tho it really doesn't look that dark in my photo) and golden yellow or sunshine yellow :) I used small white and blue brads as part of the decoration. The flower(s) stamp is a Two-Step stamping set called Wonderful Watercolors; # 113688. This is a very NICE set with 12 pieces altogether. For my 'base' flower, I just stamped it in Brilliant Blue Classic ink, which is found on page 154 of the Spring/Summer 2009 catalog in the bold brights section(top). That # is 100691. I then got a piece of white cardstock and stamped another flower w/out the stem/leaves(the flower and stem are 2 separate stamps) also in the Brilliant Blue ink and then colored the two flower centers with a pretty orange/yellow chalk in my Stampin' Pastels(page 152 and product #105542). On the 'raised' flower(I used a pop dot), I used my 'other' flower stamp(again in blue) to give it that two-step look. I just LOVE the look of two-step stampin'! :) I then cut out my single flower and after putting my card together like I wanted it(matts, brads, quote, etc), I then added the flower on top of the other flat stamped one and here is my results. OH and I used Brilliant Blue cardstock from bold brights(pg. 154 and product #106540) and the Yoyo Yellow cardstock from bold brights(pg. 154 and product #107018).
If you'd like to purchase ANY of the SU products used in today's card, please click HERE and place your order directly online using my SU online store. thanks!
That's it for today! I hope tomorrow brings you sunshine and smiles. Happy stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment